Thursday, February 09, 2006

Cooking Lessons

So everyone, it's been a while since I posted... hope you haven't all given up on me! I have several things to tell about, of course, but this post will be about the fabulous cooking lessons we had last week. I now, in theory, know how to make champiƱones (mushrooms) with garlic, pan con tomate (bread with tomato), calamares fritos (fried calamari), and tortilla de patatas (kind of like an omelet with potatoes in it). I did actually make my own tortilla, and since it's like the easiest Spanish food to make, I think I could probably do it again. Oh, and sangria. Of course we learned how to make sangria! It was kind of cool, getting to learn something about cooking traditional Spanish foods, but I am generally pretty happy letting my seƱora handle my meals...

This picture is of my professor (in pink) and another of the program supervisors watching as Taylor (in the Flamenco apron) demonstrates for the benefit of the audience how he would like to eat the squid he is preparing to fry. I particularly like the complete lack of surprise or disapproval on my professor's face... she is used to our antics by now : )

2 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kendra,
Don't waste too much time practicing that calamari recipe! Concentrate on the tortilla!

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kendra,

Make sure you learn how to make calamari so your mom can bring some to work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home